EntityManager.find ClassCastException for wrong but existing id

EntityManager.find ClassCastException for wrong but existing id

olyalikov
Hello,

I have base entity and 2 inheritors e.g. Person and Document.
If I try to find Person entity and provide id of the Document entity I get ClassNotFoundException but it should return either null or EntityNotFoundException.
If I provide just some wrong non existing id I get null.
Here is link to the maven project with test: openjpa-find-test.zip
Should I post a bug in issue tracker?

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: EntityManager.find ClassCastException for wrong but existing id

Rick Curtis
Can we see the exception?

Thanks,
Rick

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM, olyalikov <[hidden email]

*Rick Curtis*

Re: EntityManager.find ClassCastException for wrong but existing id

olyalikov
I did a mistake - I'm getting not ClassNotFoundException but ClassCastException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.openjpa.find.entities.Document cannot be cast to org.apache.openjpa.find.entities.Person
        at org.apache.openjpa.find.FindTest.testFind(FindTest.java:54)

It's a result of executing
                final Person p = em.find(Person.class, doc.getId());

All this can be found/reproduced in the project attached to the previous post.

Oleg

Rick Curtis wrote

*Rick Curtis*

Re: EntityManager.find ClassCastException for wrong but existing id

Rick Curtis
I looked at your test, and it looks like an OpenJPA bug. I'd suggest
opening a JIRA[1] and attach your test case.

Thanks,
Rick

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:38 AM, olyalikov <[hidden email]

*Rick Curtis*

Re: EntityManager.find ClassCastException for wrong but existing id

olyalikov
Created: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2528

Rick Curtis wrote
I looked at your test, and it looks like an OpenJPA bug. I'd suggest
opening a JIRA[1] and attach your test case.

Thanks,
Rick

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:38 AM, olyalikov <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> I did a mistake - I'm getting not ClassNotFoundException but
> ClassCastException:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.openjpa.find.entities.Document
> cannot be cast to org.apache.openjpa.find.entities.Person
>         at org.apache.openjpa.find.FindTest.testFind(FindTest.java:54)
>
> It's a result of executing
>                 final Person p = em.find(Person.class, doc.getId());
>
> All this can be found/reproduced in the project attached to the previous
> post.
>
> Oleg
>

> Rick Curtis wrote
> > Can we see the exception?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rick
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM, olyalikov <
>
> > oleg.lyalikov@
>
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have base entity and 2 inheritors e.g. Person and Document.
> >> If I try to find Person entity and provide id of the Document entity I
> >> get
> >> ClassNotFoundException but it should return either null or
> >> EntityNotFoundException.
> >> If I provide just some wrong non existing id I get null.
> >> Here is link to the maven project with test:  openjpa-find-test.zip
> >> <
> http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/file/n7587085/openjpa-find-test.zip>
> ;
> >> Should I post a bug in issue tracker?