Jenkins: Projects with top level VIEWS have 6 days to move them!

Jenkins: Projects with top level VIEWS have 6 days to move them!

ilgrosso
Hi all,
the INFRA team is warmly asking for this action on Jenkins:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9f137248049ff94550f780d172df839d2ab65ba37a3f30631d5d8620@%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E

However, I have no idea about how to do that.

Any hint?
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Jenkins: Projects with top level VIEWS have 6 days to move them!

Mark Struberg-3
Txs Francesco!

I just cleaned it up.

You can not fine them under https://builds.a.o  'M-R' -> 'OpenJPA'

Btw, it seems that there are tons of jobs which we should cross-check?
Don't we do all our CI on buildbot anyway? Or is this just our docs?
Might be redundant and thus wasted resources?

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 26.07.2017 um 12:13 schrieb Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
> the INFRA team is warmly asking for this action on Jenkins:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9f137248049ff94550f780d172df839d2ab65ba37a3f30631d5d8620@%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E
>
> However, I have no idea about how to do that.
>
> Any hint?
> Regards.
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/

> http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

.

Re: Jenkins: Projects with top level VIEWS have 6 days to move them!

J Grassel
There are a lot of jobs.  Because a lot of the older branches cannot build against anything newer then JDK 7, attempting to use Maven projects runs into problems because the Jenkins plugins that the project automatically uses are dependent on JDK 8.  So I have been recreating a lot of the OpenJPA build definitions as generic jenkins projects, and invoking the build with shell commands, while using the jenkins tool extensions to choose ant, maven, and jdk.

Until today, I had simply deactivated the old Maven-project types as the generic-project types went online.  Today, I’ve deleted a lot of the deactivated projects, at least those associated with branches that are associated with IBM WebSphere products (i.e., 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, etc.)  I’ve left alone the projects for the remaining branches, at least until I could get a consensus on what these branches’ stakeholders wanted to do.