OpenJPA 2.3.1 ??!?

ilgrosso
Hi all,
while looking at a problem I currently have with MySQL / MariaDB, I
stumbled upon OPENJPA-2567 [1], which appears unresolved on JIRA.

The same issue, however, is reported in [2], in the release notes for
OpenJPA 2.3.1, which was never released, at least according to archives
[3] and Maven [4].

I think we should fix [2] ASAP.

Coming to my current problem, e.g. generate table schema for MySQL /
MariaDB with column type TINYTEXT / MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT depending on
the length annotation attribute, as follows:

@Lob
@Column(length = 20971520)
private byte[] content;

Note that I do not want to set any columnDefinition here, as I need to
support other DBMSes and I'd like to stay as much general as possible.

I believe that the patch provided for [1] was never applied: do you see
problems if I go ahead and apply it both to 2.4.X and trunk?

Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2567
[2] https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html
[3] http://archive.apache.org/dist/openjpa/
[4]
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7C%3A%22org.apache.openjpa%22%20AND%20a%3A%22openjpa%22
--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.1 ??!?

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1, got it as well

Romain Manni-Bucau

> Hi all,
> while looking at a problem I currently have with MySQL / MariaDB, I
> stumbled upon OPENJPA-2567 [1], which appears unresolved on JIRA.
>
> The same issue, however, is reported in [2], in the release notes for
> OpenJPA 2.3.1, which was never released, at least according to archives [3]
> and Maven [4].
>
> I think we should fix [2] ASAP.
>
> Coming to my current problem, e.g. generate table schema for MySQL /
> MariaDB with column type TINYTEXT / MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT depending on the
> length annotation attribute, as follows:
>
> @Lob
> @Column(length = 20971520)
> private byte[] content;
>
> Note that I do not want to set any columnDefinition here, as I need to
> support other DBMSes and I'd like to stay as much general as possible.
>
> I believe that the patch provided for [1] was never applied: do you see
> problems if I go ahead and apply it both to 2.4.X and trunk?
>
> Regards.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2567
> [2] https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html
> [3] http://archive.apache.org/dist/openjpa/
> [4] http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7C%3A%22org.apache
> .openjpa%22%20AND%20a%3A%22openjpa%22
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/

> http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.1 ??!?

Mark Struberg-3
+1
who is tackling it?

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 11.04.2017 um 10:04 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> +1, got it as well
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau

>> Hi all,
>> while looking at a problem I currently have with MySQL / MariaDB, I
>> stumbled upon OPENJPA-2567 [1], which appears unresolved on JIRA.
>>
>> The same issue, however, is reported in [2], in the release notes for
>> OpenJPA 2.3.1, which was never released, at least according to archives [3]
>> and Maven [4].
>>
>> I think we should fix [2] ASAP.
>>
>> Coming to my current problem, e.g. generate table schema for MySQL /
>> MariaDB with column type TINYTEXT / MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT depending on the
>> length annotation attribute, as follows:
>>
>> @Lob
>> @Column(length = 20971520)
>> private byte[] content;
>>
>> Note that I do not want to set any columnDefinition here, as I need to
>> support other DBMSes and I'd like to stay as much general as possible.
>>
>> I believe that the patch provided for [1] was never applied: do you see
>> problems if I go ahead and apply it both to 2.4.X and trunk?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2567
>> [2] https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html
>> [3] http://archive.apache.org/dist/openjpa/
>> [4] http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7C%3A%22org.apache
>> .openjpa%22%20AND%20a%3A%22openjpa%22
>> --
>> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>>
>> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
>> http://www.tirasa.net/
>>
>> Member at The Apache Software Foundation
>> Syncope, Cocoon, Olingo, CXF, OpenJPA, PonyMail
>> http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.1 ??!?

ilgrosso
Hi,
I have fixed

https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html

by removing the phantom 2.3.1.

About OPENJPA-2567, I have resolved my own use case by setting
dictionary as

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MariaDBDictionary(blobTypeName=LONGBLOB)

or

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary(blobTypeName=LONGBLOB)

hence, for the moment I do not have personal need for the fix; anyway,
if someone else can look at the provided patch and confirm it is just
fine (as I believe, at a first glance), I can go ahead and apply it to
2.4.x and trunk.

Regards.